Do I need referral to see an Osteopath?
You don’t need a referral from another health professional. Just call to enquire to book an appointment.
Can my Doctor or other Health Professionals refer me?
Yes. GPs and other health professionals refer their patients to osteopaths where they believe this intervention would be appropriate.
Would I be able to bring along a chaperone or a friend?
You are welcome to ask a friend or relative to accompany you and be present throughout your appointment.
Can treatment costs be claimed back on the Health Insurance?
Osteopathy is frequently covered by most insurance companies. I do not presently deal with insurers directly so please consult with your provider whether the claims for osteopathic treatment will be covered.
How do I know if an osteopath is registered?
By law, all osteopaths must be registered with the General Osteopathic Council. You can use their on-line register search to check if your osteopath is registered. Here is my Registration
Do you have parking?
Yes you can park on the drive.
Do you offer home visits?
Home visits can be arranged upon request. Please contact me for further details and a tailored quote.
What is your complaints procedure?
Mr Alexandru Szabo BOst – Complaints Procedure:
- If you have a complaint or concern about any aspect of your treatment, please let me know as soon as possible.
- Please give me full details of your complaint and I will undertake to treat it seriously, deal with it promptly and learn from it by reviewing or, if appropriate, improving my standards.
- Make your complaint to me either in person, by phone, by letter or in an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I will investigate your complaint during the following few days and will aim to:
- Find out what happened and what went wrong
- Make sure you receive an explanation and an apology if this is appropriate
- Identify what I can do to ensure that this problem does not arise again
- Institute of Osteopathy Complaints Resolution Service
- If you feel uncomfortable complaining directly to me or do not feel that your complaint has been resolved to your satisfaction, you can speak to the Institute of Osteopathy by ringing Freephone 0800 110 5857 or emailing email@example.com General Osteopathic Council
- If you are concerned about safety and you wish to instigate a formal complaint with the regulatory body, the General Osteopathic Council can be contacted on 0207
- Please note that the General Osteopathic Council cannot award compensation.