Covid-19 Virus Procedures
In these difficult times everyone is naturally concerned about their health and of their loved ones. I wanted reassure you that,
I am following the NHS and Public Health England advice for primary healthcare practitioners.
In line with the Government’s sanitation advice here at Notts Osteopathy, I’ve implemented the following protective measures to delay the spread of the virus, to protect my patients and myself:
- I wear face mask, gloves and disposable plastic apron.
- Everyone at arrival and at departure are given hand sanitiser.
- Extra time is allocated between appointments to allow time to disinfect every surfaces that patients may be in contact with; eg door handle, hand rail, table, chair etc.
- The fabric couch cover is removed and replaced with wipeable plastic cover including the pillow case.
- Treatment table will be wiped down between patients with anti-viral wipes.
- I have identified vulnerable & at risk patients and for their protection no other patient will be in the practice during their visit. This includes the over 70s and those with other pre-existing health complaints.
Please note, that the recommendation for the over 70s and those with other pre-existing health complaints to self-isolate themselves !!!
For those self–isolating, consider the provision of my remote Osteopathy services to support them which may well become of increasing importance during this time.
In addition, there will be patients who view their osteopathic treatment as essential and I foresee that there may be more people seeking health support – particularly in MSK – as the NHS are deployed to deal with the current situation.
For those self–isolating, consider the provision of remote services to support them which may well become of increasing importance during this time.
If the NHS and Public Health England advice for primary healthcare practitioners changes I will change my protocols.
If you experience any of these symptoms;
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- Shortness of breath
Please call or text me and do not attend your appointment.
Let’s work together to overcome Covid-19.