Covid-19 Virus Procedures & Infection control
In these difficult times everyone is naturally concerned about their health and of their loved ones. I wanted reassure you that patient safety remains my top priority.
I am following the NHS and Public Health England advice for primary healthcare practitioners.
In line with the Government’s sanitation advice here at Notts Osteopathy, I’ve implemented the following protective measures to delay the spread of the virus, to protect my patients and myself:
- I wear PPE eg, face mask, visor, single use plastic apron and gloves.
- Everyone at arrival and at departure are given hand sanitiser.
- The fabric couch cover is removed and replaced with wipeable plastic cover including the pillow case.
- Treatment table will be wiped down between patients with anti-viral wipes.
- Extra 20 time is allocated between appointments to allow time to disinfect every surfaces that patients may be in contact with; eg door handle, hand rail, table, chair etc.
- Patients will also be asked to wear a face mask.
- For every appointment, patients will be asked to complete a Covid 19 screening form.
For those self–isolating, consider the provision of my remote Osteopathy services to support them which may well become of increasing importance during this time.
In addition, there will be patients who view their osteopathic treatment as essential and I foresee that there may be more people seeking health support – particularly in MSK – as the NHS are deployed to deal with the current situation.
I constantly monitor the NHS and Public Health England advice for primary healthcare practitioners and changes will be implemented to the current guidelines.
If you experience any of these symptoms;
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of taste and smell
- Vomiting and or diarrhoea
Please call or text me and do not attend your appointment.
Let’s work together to overcome Covid-19.